Pages

Followers

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Love The Life Of An Organic


Recently I have been doing everything organic for my six month old son. I really never gave it much thought with my first son and now that I started with my six month old which has made wonders of a difference. I have been having regrets about not doing the same for my oldest. The only reason I started going organic recently is because my baby was having terrible tummy trouble with the formula that I started him on after breastfeeding. I switched to every kind I could think of and nothing worked for him. Then I came across a organic brand and thought to myself I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out, so I went for it. It was a little bit more expensive than the other brand but I said well what's five more bucks, so what the heck. Almost immediately I noticed a difference, he was sleeping better at night and he was not gassy. So a week goes by and he was doing very well and even started gaining weight like he was supposed to. I was so happy that finally I found something that was good for him.


To cut costs I went on the website of the company and printed coupons which was excellent, because we are working on a budget. Now I am doing everything organic I think I am hooked lol. His skin was so sensitive to everything so I figured why not, right, might as well get organic baby wash and lotions too. I dont know why I didn't do this years ago seriously. Really it had to do with my ignorance and not knowing how great these products really are. So the company I get the baby organic stuff from also makes food and items for toddlers and big kids. We are now going to start my eldest son on the organic craze and see if he likes it I hope so. I really did not understand about all the hormones and things that companies are putting in foods. Now that I do I just cant simply ignore it, I even find myself reading labels on everything.


Dare I try vegan as far as clothes/or bathing products go I think I may make a go of it. I don't know if I could go completely vegan but I do eat organic food. I just cant go with out meat but I am always willing to give anything a chance. I know I personally would recommend organic products to anyone even if you are not a parent. Even at the age of sixty I think health wise would be a smart decision too make.You can really tell the difference its so uncanny lol I love it. I just going to leave this post with ten awesome ideas for why you should consider going organic. This is from the friendly website at The Organic Trade Association  a great place to learn more about it.# Organic Trade Association  




10 Good Reasons To Go Organic


Organic products meet stringent standards
Organic certification is the public’s assurance that products have been grown and handled according to strict procedures without persistent toxic chemical inputs.



Organic food tastes great!

It’s common sense – well-balanced soils produce strong, healthy plants that become nourishing food for people and animals.



Organic production reduces health risks

Many EPA-approved pesticides were registered long before extensive research linked these chemicals to cancer and other diseases. Organic agriculture is one way to prevent any more of these chemicals from getting into the air, earth and water that sustain us.



Organic farms respect our water resources

The elimination of polluting chemicals and nitrogen leaching, done in combination with soil building, protects and conserves water resources.



Organic farmers build healthy soil

Soil is the foundation of the food chain. The primary focus of organic farming is to use practices that build healthy soils.



Organic farmers work in harmony with nature

Organic agricultural respects the balance demanded of a healthy ecosystem: wildlife is encouraged by including forage crops in rotation and by retaining fence rows, wetlands, and other natural areas.



Organic producers are leaders in innovative research

Organic farmers have led the way, largely at their own expense, with innovative on-farm research aimed at reducing pesticide use and minimizing agriculture’s impact on the environment.



Organic producers strive to preserve diversity

The loss of a large variety of species (biodiversity) is one of the most pressing environmental concerns. The good news is that many organic farmers and gardeners have been collecting and preserving seeds, and growing unusual varieties for decades.



Organic farming helps keep rural communities healthy

USDA reported that in 1997, half of U.S. farm production came from only 2% of farms. Organic agriculture can be a lifeline for small farms because it offers an alternative market where sellers can command fair prices for crops.



Organic abundance – Foods and non-foods alike!

Now every food category has an organic alternative. And non-food agricultural products are being grown organically – even cotton, which most experts felt could not be grown this way.



Check  out organic food trust me you wont be disappointed :)


til next time see ya.


Sincerlry,


The Sleepless Mommie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spiral

Spiral
#spiral